Posted to alt.home.repair
Larry W Larry W is offline

Default Resurrecting sealed lead acid batteries for outside home equipment (gate)

In article ,
SF Man wrote:
The lawn mower chewed up the 18 volt AC wire going to the driveway gate
about a year ago and I just got around to fixing it.

Both batteries inside were new a year ago but both are dead as a doorknob.

I've had a 6amp 14-volt battery charger on them for two days and still,
less than a volt (and no current on the gauge).

What does it take to resurrect sealed lead acid batteries?
(Model RB500 & UT1270)

A crowbar usually works. (You use it to open your wallet)

--
Often wrong, never in doubt.