Posted to alt.home.repair
David1950 David1950 is offline

Default To create more jobs...

"Smitty Two" wrote in message
news
In article ,
"David1950" wrote:

"Smitty Two" wrote in message
news
In article ,
"David1950" wrote:

"Smitty Two" wrote in message
news In article ,
"David1950" wrote:

You are free to hire a hack. There's _no_ law, which says you
can't.

I disagree. I think there are many laws against practicing many
trades
without a license.

You may want to read that again.

Suppose you clue me in to what I misinterpreted.

You're talking about trades practicing without a license. It's
irrelevant
as far as if Doug wants to hire a licensed contractor, or a weekend
warrior. There's _no_ law saying Doug is limited to hiring only a
licensed
contractor. However, when one hires an unlicensed or uninsured person,
they
must be prepared to pay the consequence.

You are incorrect. Here is a quote:

"In states that require licensing, hiring an unlicensed contractor is
illegal."

Here is one of many credible sources for that:

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/Creat...ory?id=2624448

Call me a skeptic, but until I see a "credible source" such as something in
a city's code, I stand by what I said. I know a lot of people put stock in
ABC news, I'm not one to believe it's the gospel.

A credible source is something in a State code, or let's just go with a
city code, maybe just one instance where someone was actually arrested, or
code saying as such.

Here's a thought, since you say it's "one of many credible sources", maybe
you can provide a link to verify such a code even exists. Since we're on
the subject, if it were true one "could" be arrested, I doubt anyone would
complain to the Attorney General or the BBB, "if" they used an unlicensed
contractor.