Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Green Robert Green is offline

Default To create more jobs...

"bob haller" wrote in message
republicans including michelle bachman want to create more jobs

By elminating the minimum wage, elminating SS and medicare as we know
it, and cutting taxes for the super wealthy making over 250 grand a
year....

meanwhile the republicans are blocking the increase of the debt limit
which can crash what remains of our recession recovery.

Yes. Somewhere in the past 30 years or so, the USA has changed from
respecting the will of the voters to cult-like partisanship willing to say
out loud: "(Even though we lost the election) we are determined to see the
elected candidate fail. (By any means necessary)." The goal is *not*
government reduction, it's power over the other side. Who is the big dog
that can hold a nation's recovery hostage over a deficit few really
understand and that doesn't mean what politicians purport it to mean?

We spent a lot of money in the last decade on a lot of things we felt we
needed. Though some (who've apparently never worked with the Feds) believe
Federal invoices are paid at lightspeed, the truth is far different. The
serious bills for what we bought (two wars, the TSA, Medicare RX, Homeland
Sec., etc) now are coming due and need to be paid for.

Anyone in military procurement can explain how a torpedo or cruise missile
cost is accounted for when it is consumed in a war. It certainly isn't
instanteously. Military equipment databases capture at least five different
costs per item, and some I know of use more than ten. Even then, by the
time a cruise missile is expended and the accounting for the acquisition of
a new one begins, the model number has changed or some contract enhancement
has been made, causing a re-certification process to kick in. All that stuff
proceeds at all due speed - government speed.

Somewhere I'll bet some unit is still trying to get replacements for items
consumed during the first Iraq war. The cost of that war was actually a
bargain because we got to light off some soon to expire munitions and NOT
have to ship them home for expensive disarming. Government moves very, very
slowly.

Besides, hiring an army of guys and gals to "touch your junk" every time you
fly costs money!

The issue is that no one likes paying for something long, long after they've
consumed it and Democrats are too dumb to seize the initiative and explain
to people where we spent our money. It's finally time to understand that
we'll be paying a trillion dollars over the next 40 years (probably a LOT
more) to care for the veterans mangled in the AfRaq wars. More importantly
US citizens need to realize that wars cost money unless you seize treasure
from the conquered like the Romans did.

republicans the party of the wealthy. unfortunately i am not part of
their selected favored group

You just got to love how they get poor people to vote against their
self-interest. It's always amazed me. It's the political miracle of the
last 30 years. I wish I had a nickel for every senior I've heard say "I
want smaller, cheaper government but don't you dare touch my SS or my
Medicare. And don't forget to fence the Mexicans out. And don't forget to
kill Islamic terrorists. And Somali pirates. And don't forget to catch all
the hackers. And keep bombs off planes. And seize illegal drugs entering
the country. Someone has to pay for all those things.

--
Bobby G.