Posted to alt.home.repair
Harry K Harry K is offline

Default New study on wind energy

On Jul 28, 7:14*pm, (Don Klipstein) wrote:
In article , HeyBub wrote:
wrote:
"HeyBub" writes:

DGDevin wrote:
"HeyBub" *wrote in message

You're right. The problem is that scientific truth is not
determined by majority vote. The climate researchers use
scientific methods and thereby claim their endeavors are science.

As opposed to folks who will go on insisting the earth is flat based
on their political or religious beliefs. *I think I'll give the edge
to the scientists in the credibility dept. *Which isn't to say
they're never wrong, but compared to the corporate whores and
religious whackos, the scientific community is just more believable.

You misunderstand. Just using parts of the scientific method does
not make the endeavor science.

For example, a significant part of the scientific method is that
"researchers propose hypotheses as explanations of phenomena, and
design experimental studies to test these hypotheses via predictions
which can be derived from them. These steps must be repeatable, to
guard against mistake or confusion in any particular experimenter."

Show ONE repeatable experiment in the climate researcher's quiver.

Silly.

The warming effect of CO2 can be tested in experiments all day long.
Fill a tank with air add light, then vary amount of CO2, measure the
temperature.

The above line of reasoning is attempting to confuse the reader
because climate science makes predictions and the future only happens
once.

Even with that, there's a new result to measure every day and many
places to do the measurement.

Good point. Still, if you're talking about a tank resembling a standard
aquarium, and you want the gas mixture to approximate the earth's
atmosphere, I have a technical question: How do you get about eight
molecules of CO2 into the tank?

* A common smaller aquarium size is 20 gallons, which is about 70 liters.
Earth's atmosphere is currently about 390 parts per million CO2 by volume,
so 76 liters of air has about .03 liter of CO2. *That's about 2.4 billion
billion molecules of CO2.

*- Don Klipstein )- Hide quoted text -

Firtst Des posts about concrete and now _you_ try to inject actual
facts into the thread. Is that allowed here?

Harry K