Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] despen@verizon.net is offline

Default New study on wind energy

(M.A. Stewart) writes:

) writes:
"HeyBub" writes:

wrote:

Good point. Still, if you're talking about a tank resembling a
standard aquarium, and you want the gas mixture to approximate the
earth's atmosphere, I have a technical question: How do you get
about eight molecules of CO2 into the tank?

Show your math.

For starters, a cubic meter of air contains 10**23 molecules.

Still think 8 is the right number?

A cubic meter is 1 million cubic centimeters (milliliters). To approximate
the earth's CO2 concentration, it would need 300 milliliters of CO2.

Cool.

Since CO2 is around 400PPM I think we're talking about 400 cubic
centimeters? Somewhere around 24 cubic inches. Sounds like easy
quantities to measure and work with.

That's the same as a small handful of aggregate in a cubic yard of concrete.

Back to alt.home.repair at last!

--
Dan Espen