Posted to alt.home.repair
Kurt Ullman Kurt Ullman is offline

Default To create more jobs...

In article , wrote:

"HeyBub" writes:

... get rid of occupational licensure, says the Wall Street Journal.

"Travel and tourist guides, funeral attendants, home-entertainment
installers, florists, makeup artists, even interpreters for the deaf are
all
regulated by various states. Want to work as an alarm installer? In 35
states, you will need to earn the government's permission. Are you skilled
in handling animals? You will need more than that skill in the 20 states
that require a license for animal training."

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...81925941712.ht
ml?mod=googlenews_wsj

Hmm, I know somebody that does interpreting for the deaf.

Of the many things she does, she translates for the deaf at trials.

Still think they don't need to be licensed?

Why? This could just as easily be taken care of the same way you get
okayed as an expert witness. I had testified many times before I got any
kind of certification. They asked about my training and experience, etc.