Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Andy Cuffe Andy Cuffe is offline

Default Toshiba 42HP66 plasma TV Firmware update

On Sat, 6 Aug 2011 19:16:59 -0700 (PDT), "larry moe 'n curly"
wrote:

Toshiba Canada offers firmware, but I don't know if they have any for
your model:

http://support.toshiba.ca/support/ce...oads/index.asp

Unfortunately, there's nothing for my model. There is firmware on the
US site for some TVs, but not this one. They don't even acknowledge
that they ever sold a plasma TV in their support section.

This is the board that needs the update:

http://www.shopjimmy.com/tvs/lg-6871...ctrl-board.htm

It's definitely not something that can be done by the customer since
it requires connecting a cable to an update port on the board. I'm
almost tempted to buy this replacement board, but I have no way to be
sure it has the updated firmware.

Someone here must have access to the update? Is there a service
bulletin for any of those brands listed?