Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Puddin' Man Puddin' Man is offline

Default Difference in NiCad replacement batteries

I've got this old Norelco T6000 Beard Trimmer, designed as a throw-away,
that I've been nursing from year to year by soldering in new batteries.
I fear I'm down to my last solder, expect something to break, rendering
the unit unusable (given my modest skills).

Looks like a AA, Amazon has specs at 600mAh and 1.2V.

What is the best and most-long-lived battery I can buy for such a unit? I
assume there are some differences judging from the price range ($4 to $15).

Have been looking for a good replacement for the unit for years, seen
nothing the least bit impressive. "They don't make 'em like they
used to!"

Thx,