Posted to sci.electronics.repair
N_Cook N_Cook is offline

Default Sony XR C5300R car radio

Arfa Daily wrote in message

"N_Cook" wrote in message
I don't know how this unit should function but this does not seem right.
Leave a tape in the unit and switch on with the front flap in place.

Unit
recognises there is a tape inplace from initial jiggle. Then drives the
tape
into the closed front flap , so slip clutch or whatever engages. "Nose
switch" , door switch , reset and tape present sw all function but what

is
the point of sensing a tape present and sensing the door is closed and
trying to eject a tape into it. ?

You haven't refitted the front panel part that has the flap in, and failed
to hook the lift pin over its lever or something, have you ? This is a
common problem with VCRs, and if you don't get it positioned right, you

get
the exact symptom you are describing. With VCR's, it is necessary to stick
your fingers in the flap, as you clip the front back on. That ensures that
the pin is correctly located over the lever, to allow it to lift the flap

as
it cranks the tape out.

Arfa

I'd removed the tape deck and refitted but as confined space the controls
connector was refitted skew, it does now leave the tape in place at switch
on. I disabled the unused R/C receiver as that seemed stuck at 4.5v output
regardless of what random IR I fed to it, RS 170 chinese data out there.
Will reconnect and scope it properly today but am how at the Sherlock Holmes
stage

If you have eliminated all the possible then all that remains , however
unlikely, is the highly improbable - Same tuner fault with 2 randomly
obtained units.