Posted to sci.electronics.repair
KenO KenO is offline

Default Test Li Ion Batteries?

Hi Mike,

Thanks again for all your comments!

"Problem with lithiums is that they degrade whether you use 'em or
not."

Been trying to read everything I can find and came across " Recharging
when the battery hits 50% charge is the ideal to maximize its life."
http://madvapesfaq.com/knowledgebase.php?article=32 Does this
correspond to your experience?

Also have you determined what the Max and Min Voltage should be for
Toshiba PA2490U 10.8 V 3600mAh battery pack?

" I tried to use cells from a different good pack. It's a crap shoot
depending on the controller design. Some lose their brains when you
remove power and it's all over.
Others remember the previous capacity, so the new battery won't last
much longer than the old one. I've only found one battery pack with a
pic processor in it.
I managed to reset the pic and recovered it."

Have you posted these Li battery experiences any where? Would be
interested in learning more.

The only Sony Li cell test I have found is http://www.stensat.org/Docs/battery_test_results.pdf
and the cell seemed to have been more affected by prolonged deep
discharge than overcharge.

Ken