Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Smitty Two Smitty Two is offline

Default Pioneer SX-8

In article ,
"John Keiser" wrote:

I've owned this receiver/amp for 30 years. Used infrequently but functioned
fine. Today, while playing a CD, suddenly stopped after 5 minutes on low
setting. Toggled to mute, loudness, no joy. Using FM input, controls seem
to work and I can hear music when I reach very high settings. Sometimes
crackles to very loud but only momentary. I think pre-amp is OK.
I'm thinking some sort of protective output circuit has activated but I have
no schematic. Before I tear in blindly, does anyone have access to a
schematic for this [I found a source on rapidshare but file no longer
there].
Thank you.

Speaker wires shorted?