Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default PAT testing damage (UK)

"Jeff Liebermann is Off His Head "

"Jeff Liebermann is a Clueless Idiot "

Note that we don't have PAT testers in the USA.

** Shame on you.

As part of our
governments War on Industry, we trust the outsourced manufacturures in
China to produce consumer appliances that electrocute only a modest
number of users. We also enjoy the protection of a litigatory
environment, that inspires massive recalls if one defective appliance
is found on the theory that if one is defective, then the entire
production run is also likely to be defective. We also have various
testing and certification labs, that will guarantee that an appliance
design will not kill the user or initiate a fire, even if the
appliance doesn't work. With these protections in place, there's no
need for PAT testing.

** Got NOTHING to do with PAT testing !!!

PAT testing is all about the possibility that electrical equipment may
become unsafe after a period of use, due to wear and tear, accidental
damage
and water ingress.

That's not a problem in the USA.

** You are a ****ing public menace.