Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Mac Davis Mac Davis is offline

Default Oh, joy!

On Thu, 4 Aug 2011 23:24:02 -0500, tom koehler
wrote:

Hey Tom..
Just curious, what was your investment for the VAR setup on the SS?

I'm a Shopsmith guy - and we've all had discussions about the god and bad
aspects of that. 'nuff said. I'm happy because I just did the variable speed
motor conversion on mine. What a difference! Quiet and smooth. Any speed I
want from 250 rpm to 10,000, any time I want. Takes less starting current,
and develops more horsepower. Delivers all the torque I want at any speed.
Happy, happy. Can't spend all the time I want in the mancave, right now,
though, as me an' SWMBO are deconstructing the house next door, for the
lumber in it, and the extra half-lot it sits on. Still happy. Getting good
weather.
tom koehler