J T

Default How to infuriate your wife: Lesson 1

Fri, Feb 20, 2004, 11:25pm (EST+5) (jo4hn) says:
snip To Wife of NoName:
When you boot this bozo out of the house, drop me a line. I'll give you
a hundred bucks cash for his stuff and I'll even pay the shipping.

Somehow the other day I tuned in to the Riki Lake show. They were
featuring guys who collected things, and their families thought they
were nuts, so I watched. They had appraisors there too.

One poor SOB had been collecting sports cards since he was about 5
YO. His wife decided she wanted the space in the garage for her stuff.
So she sold his cards. Without asking him. Guy showed up the morning
after she put the ad in and took the lot - for $200. The first the
husband knew about it, he went to the garage, to do his montly value
check. He somehow salvaged 17. They were re-pops of 60s cards, not
originals. Even so, the expert said they were worth from $25-$50 each,
for a total value of $800. So, with 100,000 cards, that could figure
out to a potential $2.5 million, or even more. Even at one cent per
card, it still would have come to $1,000. Her only comment was she was
happy they were gone, and she was going to try and get rid of the
remaining 17 too. He said he loved her and would stay with her. He
never did say what he thought the value was. Hell, even women in the
audience were saying he should dump her. I figure, at the least, he
should have dumped her, and asked for spousal support, justified by the
fact that she's apparently doing so well, she can afford to get rid of a
potential fortune, for only $200, so she could surely afford spousal
support. I don't think I could stay with someone that stupid.

JOAT
Georges Clemenceau supposedly said, "War is too important a matter to be
left to the military". If this is so, it is then obvious that peace is
too precious to be left to politicians.

Life just ain't life without good music. - JOAT
Web Page Update 28 Feb 2004.
Some tunes I like.
http://community-2.webtv.net/Jakofal...ESILIKEVOCALS/