Posted to rec.woodworking

Default AC in shop (was A Prognostication)

On 04 Aug 2011 17:29:02 GMT, Puckdropper
puckdropper(at)yahoo(dot)com wrote:

Swingman wrote in news:V-
:

On 8/4/2011 8:49 AM, Puckdropper wrote:
wrote in
:

They are choices made with eyes wide open, C-Less. I'm quite capable
of installing air conditioning in any building myself, except ...

I do NOT like air conditioning in a wood shop. It causes more

problems
than it solves.

What kinds of problems?

Biggest problem is rust. Open a door and let in hot moist air into an
air conditioned shop, where the metal surfaces are 20 degrees cooler,
and bingo ... a red patina of rust on everything within hours.

I simply do not have rust problems in this hot, humid climate by
constantly keeping the interior shop and at the same temperature and RH
as outside.

I see. Is that opening the door to pass through, or leaving it open to
move something in/out?

As far as rust goes, you're in kinda a harsh environment aren't you?

Isn't Boeshield the answer? If not, I'd want a cool suit of some sort
to handle working in that ungodly weather.

--
In the depth of winter, I finally learned
that within me there lay an invincible summer.