Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default AC in shop (was A Prognostication)

On 8/4/2011 1:54 PM, Jack Stein wrote:
On 8/4/2011 11:42 AM, Swingman wrote:

Also, I like to keep my stock at a moisture content corresponding to the
RH of the region. It comes that way from the supplier, and stays that
way throughout fabrication. This causes fewer problems when acclimating
it to an interior installation in the region.

That makes sense except what if your stuff will be in air conditioned
home? If your shop is 100*° and humid, and the cabinets are installed in
72° dry, air conditioned house, then what?

You do what ANY knowledgeable woodworker should do ... you take into
account the dimensional instability of your project material when
deciding upon your joinery techniques for that particular project.

Amazing how that ALWAYS works, regardless of the regional climate,
indoor or outdoors ...

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010