Posted to rec.woodworking

Default A Prognostication

HeyBub wrote:
Just Wondering wrote:
At least part of the "root cause" is that some people, through
education, experience, natural ability, etc. know how to create a
surplus and others don't. If you took one of each and started them
out on an equal footing, before long one would be rich and the other
would be poor. How do you propose to "get at" the unequal
distribution of talent and ability for making and holding onto
wealth?

Quite simple, really: You mandate equal outcomes. This can be done by
social promotion in schools, affirmative action, progressive tax
rates, or any of myriad techniques instituted by a liberal-inclined
political class.

Errrr... I've had my fill of "social promotions" in schools. Thing about
that for just a moment...

Geezus - talk about a stupid idea in the first place, that proved its own
stupidity in its own failure...

--

-Mike-