Posted to rec.woodworking
Dave[_52_] Dave[_52_] is offline

Default A Prognostication

On Wed, 03 Aug 2011 20:18:20 -0500, "
Wrong. It's all about responsibility, rights, and incentive. You can't have
rights without responsibility. There can't be an incentive to leech.

Nobody *likes* being poor contrary to what you believe. And contrary
to what you and many others (those who are earning a liveable income)
believe, is that many people in the lower class *want* to work, want
to contribute and improve themselves. Many times, poor health or other
infortunate circumstances prevent people from getting out of the hole
they're in. Those few who are content to sit on the public dole, give
all the rest of the poor a bad name.

I'll put you in the vote-yourself-a-raise, "taker", column.

The top of the pyramid when it comes to voting yourself a raise are
all the politician, bank managers, heads of corporations and self
serving money managers. How many people in the upper echelons of
society screw up and then leave with their golden parachutes in hand?

And just for your information, my ethics don't let me accept money
unless I feel that I've earned it. I work hard for the money I earn.
Of course, you're perfectly free to believe otherwise.