Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] g@risky-biz.com is offline

Default Cleaning rust off Stanley #15 plane

On Sunday, July 31, 2011 8:51:48 AM UTC-4, Jack Stein wrote:

Thing is, there are new horses and new water holes all the time. People
are not born with infinite knowledge and you never know when you might
learn something.

Exactly. I'm the original poster. I consider myself a pretty bright guy, but one of the most important components of that is knowing what you don't know, and not being afraid to ask about it.

The number of answers has certainly surprised me. I couldn't see them for a while because Google Groups is on the fritz. Thanks to all. Scotch Brite did the trick nicely. The plane was not that badly rusted.

Thanks to all.

Greg Guarino