Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Default Why bother.... ?

Steve Turner wrote in
:

What *changed* that triggered the never-ending onslaught of drug
commercials? You never used to see ANY drug commercials, and now
that's practically ALL you see! Was there some ban on pharmaceutical
advertising that was lifted or something?

Yes consumer-directed advertisements used to be banned. But then the
sheeple were considered educated enough to decide for themselves what
medications to ask for (and doctors too uneducated to keep up with
current best treatments). Combine that with the enormous crop of socalled
me-too drugs (minute changes of and many copies of drugs that were about
to lose patent protection) and you have an avalanche of competing ads.
And now we're turned off because pharma is forced to mention the side
effects. Remember, aspirin would have a VERY, VERY hard time getting
approved if it were a new drug.

If so, I wish they'd put the damn thing back; I miss the Bud Light
commercials.

What's Bud Light?

--
Best regards