Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Why bother.... ?

On Sun, 31 Jul 2011 21:54:02 -0400, Bill wrote:

wrote:
On Sun, 31 Jul 2011 18:55:06 -0400, wrote:

zzzzzzzzzz wrote:
On Sun, 31 Jul 2011 09:43:20 -0500, wrote:

"We have an exclusive coupon just for you! Use it to slice 20% off the
regular price of the item of your choice."

Yabbut:

"This offer is for Internet orders only at Rockler.com and excludes sale
items, power tools, Leigh jigs, Porter Cable dovetail jigs, Festool
products, CNC Shark, Rockwell Jawhorse, Rockwell Blade Runner, Power
Sharpening systems, Direct Ship items and Rockler Gift Cards. This offer
cannot be combined with other offers or applied to previous orders. This
offer not valid on RocklerPro.com. Hurry, offer expires 8/7/11. Rockler
Woodworking and Hardware reserves the right to limit quantities, correct
errors or omissions and modify or end this promotion at any time."

Sears often advertises "10% off every appliance" with no disclaimers. Go into
the store and you find that certain brands are excluded.

I just recieved notice of a 2 day only sale at Sears, 5% of
electronics--and, in the very fine print, they excluded Samsung, Song,
LG, and Panasonic, among others. It left me a little perturbed.

Now imagine having shown up at their door, only to be told that they were just
kidding. Sears is about the only company that I will no longer do business
with. The last "tool sale" was the final straw, not that I've bought much
there in decades anyway.

I thought the 5% off electronics was pretty minimal anyway. Then to
exclude Samsung, Sony, LG, and Panasonic. And all electronics under
$799. Gosh, what's left? Yeah, Bose and Onkyo were excluded too.
Yep, it just made me mad that they wasted my time presenting me with an
offer that was so hard to decipher. Of course, that's the whole point...

5% is pretty lame but there really isn't much margin in this stuff. The whole
point is to get you in the store; bait and switch works. Sears has been
famous for this crap for years.