Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Why bother.... ?

On Sun, 31 Jul 2011 18:52:21 GMT, (Doug Miller)
wrote:

In article , " wrote:
On Sun, 31 Jul 2011 11:23:13 -0400, FrozenNorth
wrote:

On 7/31/11 11:17 AM, Swingman wrote:
On 7/31/2011 9:52 AM, k-nuttle wrote:

You must not be a regular reader of the fine print on coupon, and the
like.

You ASSume wrongly, Bubba ... the point is that the fine print keeps
getting finer, so as to include more and more exclusions, and even then
takes up half the ****ing coupon.

Not only that, but they appear to have excluded everything but handtools
from the list you can apply the coupon to.

A couple of weeks ago I bagged a Forrest Dado King in a similar (25% off)
sale. That was worthwhile. ;-)

Pffft. A couple of years ago, I bought the Ridge Carbide dado set for about
40% less than the price of a Forrest Dado King. *That* was worthwhile.

No one around carries Ridge or I might buy them instead of Forrest blades. I
don't buy what I can't see. That said, $210 for the Dado King wasn't too bad.