Posted to rec.woodworking
tiredofspam tiredofspam is offline

Default Why bother.... ?

I don't usually order from Rockler, I find their prices to be insanely high.

By comparison, Woodcraft and Lee Valley are usually less.
While Rockler has some nice items, I don't have a store near me. And
there shipping has been a profit maker too.

Woodcraft occasionally has the 20% coupon... but it excludes Festool,
Fein, Leigh and some others. But in general the list is not very long.
You usually have to spend $40 or $50 to make it valid. But recently they
had one for 20% off minimum purchase $25...

It really pays to spend more to make the savings add up.

On 7/31/2011 11:17 AM, Swingman wrote:
On 7/31/2011 9:52 AM, k-nuttle wrote:

You must not be a regular reader of the fine print on coupon, and the
like.

You ASSume wrongly, Bubba ... the point is that the fine print keeps
getting finer, so as to include more and more exclusions, and even then
takes up half the ****ing coupon.