Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Default A Prognostication

Swingman wrote in
:

On 7/31/2011 10:32 AM, Han wrote:

Assuming (I know ...) that was because you made too much noise, I
suggest you hire my spouse and get one of these:
http://www.amazon.com/American-Lawn-Mower-1204-14-14-
Inch/dp/B00004RA3F/ref=sr_1_2?s=garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1312126105&sr=1-2
or
http://tinyurl.com/3ljfnnt

It's hot here too, so hot and dry that lawn mowing isn't necessary
anymore.

I understand, and agree with the spirit of the recently changed (with
no public notice ... apparently they, the city officials, forgot??))
city ordinance, but not, as indicated, the implementation.

AAMOF, I immediately knocked on all my adjacent neighbor's doors and
apologized for being a criminal ... not a one even knew I have been
mowing.

Besides, I already own a lawnmower. One that makes considerably less
noise than the gas powered leaf blowers and weed eaters that disrupt
EACH block for an average of 15 hours, six days a week, starting at
7AM.

Unlike most of the yuppies assholes who live here, I mow my own yard
and prefer to do it on Sunday mornings because I have to work the
other six and half days a week to pay the ****ing taxes!!

Actually, I had already mowed the yard (a ten minute job) and was
using an electric weed eater (which makes a swishing sound at less
than 60db) when shut down.

Basically, this is NOT the same country I grew up in ... if you
weren't here 50 years ago, you have NO idea how much it's changed,
arguably, but IMO, for the worse!

tongue thing
You're giving me more reasons not to go to Houston. And I had been
believing that Texas was God's country {actually, a friend from long ago
thought of NH as that).
/tongue thing

Actually, living here in NJ http://radburn.org in a small village
within a village has advantages. I can talk to the mayor etc, etc.

--
Best regards
Han