Posted to rec.woodworking

Default A Prognostication

In article m,
says...

"Steve Turner" wrote in message ...

On 7/29/2011 10:22 AM, Mike Marlow wrote:
Tom B wrote:

snip

What cracks me up is when people compare the average salary of our
congressmen
to that of the average insert downtrodden member of society here and,
noting
the "huge" disparity, conclude that "I think we know where the problem
lies!"
As if adjusting the salaries of a few hundred congressmen is somehow going
reclaim enough taxpayer money to fix our economy... The amount of taxpayer
money recovered by making their salaries "fair" would be a drop in the ocean
compared to where they're spending the rest of it.

The idea is that if they have to make ends meet on the same kind of
budget that most of us have available to us they might be a bit more
frugal.

But they can vote themselves raises and vote the government raises and
it all comes out of the pockets of people who don't have that luxury.