Posted to rec.woodworking

Default A Prognostication

On Sun, 31 Jul 2011 07:38:11 -0500, "Tom B" wrote:

the "huge" disparity, conclude that "I think we know where the problem
lies!"
As if adjusting the salaries of a few hundred congressmen is somehow going
reclaim enough taxpayer money to fix our economy... The amount of taxpayer
money recovered by making their salaries "fair" would be a drop in the ocean
compared to where they're spending the rest of it.

--

Don't use a sig-separator to separate your contribution from your quote. Use
a real newsreader. Not only will it be easier for you, but also your reader.

Add to that the retirement pay (2 years all that's necessary to get full
lifetime retirement) and the other perks.

No, it's five years service at age 62, twenty years service at age 50, and any
age after 25 years service.

From http://www.senate.gov/reference/resources/pdf/RL30631.pdf:

"Members are eligible for a pension at age 50 if they have completed
20 years of service, or at any age after completing 25 years of service.
The amount of the pension depends on years of service and the average
of the highest three years of salary. By law, the starting amount
of a Member’s retirement annuity may not exceed 80% of his or her
final salary."

Still pretty damned generous of us.

But that is just then tip of the Government iceberg... how about all the
many Government employees that are exempt from Social Security, and have
their own heath plans the tax payers give them.

Also wrong, not that it matters really.