Posted to rec.woodworking

Default A Prognostication

"Leon" lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote
I don't so much read the salary comparison of our government leaders to
the average wage earner as being the problem. I don't think any one
believes the salaries of the government positions as being what keeps the
debt going in the wrong direction.

I do believe that all of those government people that are receiving those
large salaries are in way over their heads and if they were working in a
non government job they would probably qualify for a salary similar to a
salary that a greater at WalMart would get.

If we got what we paid for we would be in a lot better shape.

I have to wonder if we need as many government employees though. Used to be
for every 10 private employees, there was one government. Now it is 4 to 1.

I don't know about the feds, but our state (CT) is top heavy. Private
industry has a ration of 7 workers to 1 supervisor. Our state has a 4 to 1
ratio.

My guess is that if the average citizen had the line item veto on the
budget, it would be cut by a minimum of 50%.