Posted to rec.woodworking
Jack Stein Jack Stein is offline

Default A Prognostication

On 7/29/2011 4:59 PM, HeyBub wrote:

And now we have you claiming Obama wants to declare martial law and
become dictator for life, proof (if any were needed) that when
considering left-wingnuts and right-wingnuts, the operative word is
"wingnut".

A right-wing president becoming president for life is more likely to succeed
than a left-wing president, but less likely to happen.

That only seems possible if you go with a convoluted view of Left and
Right. In reality, all the way on the Left is Totalitarianism, or total
government control. All the way on the Right is Anarchy, or zero
government control. Totally opposite, as one would expect. So, if you
are thinking president for life, IE dictator controlled regime rather
than an individual controlled republic, you are most likely on the Left
side of freedom.

The left includes King George, Hitler, Stalin, Mao, Mussolini, Castro,
Chavez, Obama, Pelosi. Slightly right of those fools are people like
Bush, Carter, Clinton, Wilson. These guys all believe the individual is
too ****ing stupid to do anything right, and they MUST rule with an Iron
Fist (usually their motto unless disguised as right wingers)

On the right are people like Washington, Jefferson, Adams, Reagen,
Bachmann, Paul, Stossle. These guys believe in the individual, and that
government interference in individual freedom should be minimal.

If it DID happen we right-wingers could sustain the coup because we have
most of the guns.

We don't have nearly as many guns as the government. In fact, if it
were up to the left, only the government would have guns, thus, would be
rather easy for the government to rule with an iron fist (the left
motto) whenever it chooses. To do this, the US would need to undergo a
fundamental change from right leaning to far left. This has been going
on for around 100 years and in the last few, has rapidly picked up pace,
and our current regime actually campaigned on it.

On the other hand, right wingers just don't do force and
intimidation very well.

Particularly once the left wingers take away their guns by government
decree.

Here's an example: Instead of McCain, many of us were rooting for Jeb Bush.
After him, that good-looking Hispanic Bush nephew for eight years. By then
the legacy would be firmly established and it would be only a small step to
a monarchy.

Goofy! More realistic is the government is taking away gun rights,
telling us what to eat, making our cars, owning our banks, confiscation
of property because of better tax possibilities, raising our children
(Chicago requires you keep children under 12 home after 8:30) Setting up
random roadblocks to make sure they approve of your seat belts, ask
where you have been, play with your junk at airports to make sure
granny's diaper, or sonny boys diaper is clean and so on. It's a small
step from that, to Total Government Control, or more accurately, not a
step at all.

But you'll note, we tried to work within the system.

Noted!

--
Jack
Got Change, now CHANGE IT BACK!