Posted to rec.woodworking
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default OT - Interesting bio on George Bush.

DGDevin wrote:
"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...

Shorthand:

Liberals tend to PROVIDE for the general welfare through the
TREASURY. Conservatives tend to PROMOTE the general welfare through
the ECONOMY.

Is that why during the Reagan administration the federal debt more
than tripled? And you already know what happened to the debt under
Bush 43, don't you.

What I posited is not a hard and fast rule - it merely an inclination.

But I do know that the debt increase under Reagan was largely responsible
for the demise of the Soviet Union. The debt increase under Bush was in some
significant measure caused by 9-11, two wars, and Katrina. Both increases,
however, were projected to be manageable given the growth of the economy.

Now we have an administration that ran up more debt in its first MONTH than
Bush did during eight years. In fact, so far, Obama has incurred more debt
than FDR did during WWII!