Posted to rec.woodworking
busbus busbus is offline

Default O/T: A Prognostication

On Jul 29, 12:12*am, "Lew Hodgett" wrote:
The Congress will not pass a bill to raise the federal debt by
08/02/2011.

As a result, President Obama will execute an executive order to raise
the federal debt on 08/02/2011 per terms of the 14th amendment.

Obama will not allow default to happen.

Lew

I shouldn't do this but.....

I happened to find a link that shows the breakdown of the federal
Budget proposal for 2012. It doesn’t go deep enough and I need to
look at things on a higher level than I wanted but it gave me enough
insight that I wanted to puke. After I read this, I have been
thinking about these things and mo

1. The first place we need to cut is our defense budget. It is over
$650 BILLION!! We are in far too many places where we shouldn’t be—
and I don’t mean in Iraq or Libya or places like that either. I mean
places like Japan and Poland. Screw that! Why do we need to be in
those places?! That smacks of Imperialism and we moan about China
being that way. If we close shop, we can reduce our military budget a
TON without sacrificing bullets and tanks for our soldiers. Heck, I
say let Japan rearm itself. That would take away a huge expenditure
away from us AND it would make China and North Korea sit up and pay
attention because they are both afraid of the Japanese.

2. We need to quit giving money to the IMF. We need to quit giving
money to Pakistan. We need to quit giving money to India, to Iceland,
to everybody!!! Unless there is a natural disaster of some sort, stop…
even if there IS a natural disaster. We gave tons of money to Haiti
after what happened to them but, did you know, Americans donated much,
much more money than our Federal Government ever sent, so why use our
tax money?

3. We need to start seriously looking at entitlements. Why should
Warren Buffett get Social Security or be allowed to sign up for
Medicare? He shouldn’t and the same goes for many, many people. At
the same time, there are FAR too many people abusing the system.
There are literally generations of people in the same family who have
never had a paying job—they have lived off the rest of us. I say stop
it. No more. My plan is not to pull the rug out from underneath them
because you would literally have violence. It needs to be a phased
approach and we would have to kick up the giving before we take it
away. My plan would be to train these people in whatever they want.
If they want to be a plumber, go for it. If they want to be an
accountant, go at it. If they want to be a hairdresser, so be it. We
will pay them to go to a trade school or college or whatever. We will
help them with child care and medical and living expenses until they
get their degree or certificate. We will buy them clothes to wear on
interviews and even give them low interest loans to open a business.
We will train them on how to take interviews. We will do whatever…but
there WILL be an end to it. I say 6-12 months after “graduation,”
they will be knocked off the public relief roles. There is nothing
like an empty stomach that will make somebody work.

4. States should start paying their Federal representatives. Why
should a State with a small population like Rhode Island or Montana
have to pay equally for the paychecks to all 535 members in
Washington? Why should their tax dollars need to kick in to pay for
representatives from California and New York and Texas?? That is not
fair. And, even more, every State should be allowed to PAY their
representatives what they want—not a standard pay for all of them.

I'm dead!