Posted to rec.woodworking
DGDevin DGDevin is offline

Default A Prognostication

"Dr. Deb" wrote in message

Liberals keep makings claims, which for a liberal makes it true,
irrespective of reality. Of course, if you are a liberal you really don't
like dealing with that nasty subject anyway, because it messes up
otherwise
perfectly good claims and agnedas.

Yeah, you tell 'em, if the Founders really wanted separation of church and
state then why did they put "In God We Trust" on the money?

"I believe in the equality of man; and I believe that religious duties
consist in doing justice, loving mercy, and endeavoring to make our
fellow-creatures happy.

But, lest it should be supposed that I believe in many other things in
addition to these, I shall, in the progress of this work, declare the things
I do not believe, and my reasons for not believing them.

I do not believe in the creed professed by the Jewish church, by the Roman
church, by the Greek church, by the Turkish church, by the Protestant
church, nor by any church that I know of. My own mind is my own church.

All national institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian or Turkish,
appear to me no other than human inventions, set up to terrify and enslave
mankind, and monopolize power and profit."

Thomas Paine
The man of whom it was said (by John Adams), "Without the pen of Paine the
sword of Washington would have been wielded in vain."