Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default O/T: A Prognostication

On 7/29/2011 10:10 AM, Mike Marlow wrote:
SconnieRoadie wrote:

3. The US will continue to decline into second-class nationhood due to
our inability to act with a consistent reasoned long-term strategy.

Nothing alarming about that prediction. For several years now we have been
overridden with people - Obama representing them well, who are embarassed by
our historical success as a nation. These are the voices who have advocated
that we should pay the same for a gallon of gas as they do in the UK, who
are somehow shamed by the fact that we don't, who feel we must apologize for
our success, and in fact, regress to the levels of the rest of the world.
They are the ones who feel that just because the rest of the world either
resented, or envied our success, we should throw it all away.

And unfortunately as we stoop and pay more for our accomplishments the
world hates more.