Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Default O/T: A Prognostication

"Dr. Deb" wrote in
:

Lew Hodgett wrote:

The Congress will not pass a bill to raise the federal debt by
08/02/2011.

As a result, President Obama will execute an executive order to raise
the federal debt on 08/02/2011 per terms of the 14th amendment.

Obama will not allow default to happen.

Lew

Except for the minor fact that the 14th Amendment does not allow him
to do that. You really need to read it "all" for yourself, rather
than just taking someone's word for it.

Its kinda like the phrase that is supposed to be in the First
Amendment, but isn;t. You know, "Seperation of Church and State."

Liberals keep makings claims, which for a liberal makes it true,
irrespective of reality. Of course, if you are a liberal you really
don't like dealing with that nasty subject anyway, because it messes
up otherwise perfectly good claims and agnedas.

Deb

I'm a proud liberal, though a fiscal conservative. I believe in a
balanced budget, but also in deficit spending in times of need for such.
I do NOT believe there will be a default. The idiots in Congress WILL
get to a last minute compromise. Until now everyone in Congress and the
administration (pfft on you too) has just been posturing (hey, they are
politicians!). The idiot TP members (what else does TP stand for besides
Tea Party?) may not understand compromise, but that'll make them
excellent 1-term people makinf a point. The idiot free-spenders will get
their one-comeuppance (sp?) too. Someone will finally notice that we
have a simple choice. Generate jobs (=spending which=inflation) or
unemployment (=depression). The alternative is to also generate revenue.
I'm a biochemist (retired), not an economist, but then I'll pay any
single one economist a grand prize of $2.== for finding the solution ...

--
Best regards
Han