Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Default OT - George Bush + others

Larry Blanchard wrote in news:j0s2ie$am6$1
@speranza.aioe.org:

On Wed, 27 Jul 2011 14:37:39 -0700, DGDevin wrote:

What we need
is another purge of the party similar to what Wm. F. Buckley, Jr. and
others staged when they pushed out the Birchers, because lately the
right-wingnuts seem happy to steer the Republican Party straight to
Crazytown.

That's certainly a step in the right direction, but I'm coming to the
conclusion that we need to purge both parties. Actually the word I'm
looking for isn't "purge" it's "replace".

But as long as politicians are concerned about re-election and campaign
funding, things won't change much. I keep coming back to the idea of
drawing names out of a hat, giving them 6 weeks of free air time to
present their views, and limiting them to one term. Not a snowball's
chance in hell, but it might well work better than what we've got now.

The only real alternative is to have ideological parties of all kinds of
persuasions. Then people can vote their ideas and convictions, rather
than the lesser of 2 evils. Of course than you'd get coalition
governments with all the troubles of that system. Such as the support of
a rather right-wing party for the current Dutch government, without that
party having any officials in the cabinet. So they have no governing
responsibility other than supporting the current slate of ministers, and
can withdraw support at the drop of a hat. But currently in the US it is
a dictatorship of the current narrow majority of votes, mostly steered by
disgust of the other guy.

--
Best regards
Han