Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Snag[_3_] Snag[_3_] is offline

Default Colored SS

Stormin Mormon wrote:
I read this, and wondered why the Schuss Staffel had negros.
I thought Hitler was into the Aryan Race.

Nothing to see here; move along.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Bob La Londe" wrote in message
"Existential Angst" wrote in message
Awl --

Years ago I knew of colored SS, for strictly cosmetic
architectural/decorative purposes.

To my surprise, in one of the boatloads of HSN/QVC
deliveries to my house,
Wolfgang ****'s cookware arrived, in colored SS. And she
already had one,
in service for quite a while, that I just assumed was that
typical heavy
enamel on cookware.

So the Q is, is this really colored SS, as in coloring of
the surface
metal itself, or is he calling plain ole enameled SS
"colored SS"?

I spose I could scratch/grind one of these pots, but then
I would be
killed.....

Outside of enameling, what process would be used to color
SS, durably or
not?

Could it be anodized? Would that hold up to the heat?

Hey , do you remember when the president of the Mor(m)on Church had that
message from God that it was now OK for Blacks to hold the priesthood ?
Happened just a couple of days before the Supreme Court was scheduled to
hear a discrimination case about it ...
Interesting timing , I'd say .
--
Snag