Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT USPSA match

On 8/4/2011 10:43 AM, Larry Jaques wrote:
On Thu, 04 Aug 2011 01:11:02 -0400, Tom Gardnermars@tacks wrote:

On 8/3/2011 11:20 PM, Don Foreman wrote:
I shot my first USPSA match today. United States Practial Shooting

--megasnip--
Even if it didn't, I had a hell of a good time. I'll be back!

Cool! I shoot IDPA every week, it's very similar. I found that
"Springfield" Stainless Steel magazines are my flawless favorite and
they are cheap! But, they're only 7 rounds. They are already drilled
and tapped for pads that are available at "Midway USA", I think they are
"Chip McCormick" pads. The pads prevent damage so you can let them hit
the floor during reloads. Does your 1911 have a magazine well?

My first match with my 1911 I pulled the pistol from my Serpa holster
and my pants fell around my ankles in front of a crowd. The timer guy
told me that nobody would laugh at a guy with a drawn .45.

Hehehe. Yeah, right. They might tone it down a bit, but seeing your
pink silk "Spank Me!" panties would have been too much for them.

Keep shooting! I go through 1k/month and it actually shows! I didn't

Don't tell me that you actually have a callus on your pristine lesbian
body, Tawmmy. Really? Which finger, or thumb web? Pics, please!

think I would ever get any better but slowly I see improvement.

Oh. I knew it was too good to be true.

But, my
blood lead levels are elevated and doc isn't worried but she told me to
take more precautions while casting and handling lead and try and keep
the range fans on. (it gets cold in the winter)

Do you load all your own rounds?

--
In the depth of winter, I finally learned
that within me there lay an invincible summer.

Yep, I cast them all from wheel weights and a bit of linotype. It costs
me more to shoot .22s than .44s. I'll cast 600-1.5k at a sitting. It
goes fast with two twenty pound melters and all my molds are 6-cavity.
I really like casting, it's very relaxing. I've gotten to the point of
trusting my rounds over factory rounds...I know EXACTLY what they are
going to do. And, I teach CCW classes and often lend out handguns for
the shooting tests. New students do well with simple revolvers with
light loads, especially girls. (girls shoot better than men almost
every time)