Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Existential Angst[_2_] Existential Angst[_2_] is offline

Default Colored SS

Awl --

Years ago I knew of colored SS, for strictly cosmetic
architectural/decorative purposes.

To my surprise, in one of the boatloads of HSN/QVC deliveries to my house,
Wolfgang ****'s cookware arrived, in colored SS. And she already had one,
in service for quite a while, that I just assumed was that typical heavy
enamel on cookware.

So the Q is, is this really colored SS, as in coloring of the surface metal
itself, or is he calling plain ole enameled SS "colored SS"?

I spose I could scratch/grind one of these pots, but then I would be
killed.....

Outside of enameling, what process would be used to color SS, durably or
not?
--
EA