Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Making a whatsit

On 2011-08-01, steamer wrote:
DoN. Nichols wrote:
One question -- what happens if the carpet tape gets hot?
Depending on the current, the carbon brush may get quite hot.

--Welll let's call it a calculated risk.. ;-) If it fails I'll maybe
switch to a piece of circuit board material. Whaddya think?

Sounds good to me. Ideally 1/4" thick G-10 (or similar) if you
have a clearance for the heads of the screws in the plate below it, or
with 1/2" thick, you can counterbore for the heads to keep them
insulated. (And likely dull your counterbore bit beyond reuse. :-)

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564