Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Hawke[_3_] Hawke[_3_] is offline

Default The Causes of the French Revolution - (condensed)

On 7/31/2011 11:03 PM, F. George McDuffee wrote:
On Sun, 31 Jul 2011 18:18:27 -0500, CaveLamb
wrote:

F. George McDuffee wrote:
On Sun, 31 Jul 2011 11:16:49 -0500, CaveLamb
wrote:

The Causes of the French Revolution were those significant historical factors
that led to the revolution of 1789 in France.
snip lots of good stuff

Your data appears to be correct and logically leads to the
most unfortunate conclusions for the average American
citizen and creditor.

I would however suggest a parallel explication (with the
same outcomes), namely nations, like people, political
parties, and corporations have finite life spans. What
appears to be unusual is the speed with which the
end-of-life developments, equivalent to senescence,
obsessions, paranoia, and Alzheimer's in an elderly
individual, have occurred.

Very much what I thought as well.
Although you made a better analogy of it.

In the good news category, my VA pension just showed up in my
checking account today. Well, it's good news for me anyway.

================

Thanks for the positive feedback.

I don't know if this is a cause or effect (or neither), but
the current US congress is one of the oldest since records
have been kept. This would seem to be an argument for both
term limits and mandatory annual physical/mental
examinations of members over the age of 65.

Rather than place the blame on the age or mental infirmity of the
members of congress I think it's more appropriate to place the blame for
our current problems at the source, the American people.

America is a disunited country. It always has been except for very short
times in which there was some kind of calamity. America is a lot like
the Soviet Union except we didn't force people into our union. We do
force them to stay though.

Being such a disunited group of people as we are we have far too many
regional, racial, social, and political, differences that divide us. The
consequence of so many differences is that finding consensus is just
about impossible on almost any issue. It's really a miracle that the
politicians are able to forge any kind of deal when you understand how
many factions are opposed to any proposition.

If the people wouldn't elect such diverse people to represent them we
could come to agreements a lot easier. But when the people are
themselves so different from each other how can you expect them to agree
on things they will never see eye to eye on?

That's why I think breaking the country up into smaller more homogeneous
groupings would be beneficial to all. Instead of asking the red states
to agree with the blue ones why not just ask the red states to be their
own country? Let the old Confederate states become a country. All the
conservatives could go there and be happy. So would the rest of us if
they left.

It could be like Liberia was for blacks except for right wingers. I say
let the right wingers have a country of their own, the south. Then the
rest of us can go on and run our country like we want without the
constant strife we have because of having to deal with the right wing.

Hawke