Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jim Jim is offline

Default The Causes of the French Revolution - (condensed)

CaveLamb wrote:

Wait a minute, jim.

I paid off all my debts YEARS before the banks poked
a hole in their bubble.

So what is your point. Are you saying that by doing that somehow
incapacitated your brain and that justifies superfluous
whining about non-existent problems?

What connection are you trying to make between your personal
debt (or lack thereof) and anything that I said.

I never said there is something evil or wrong about debt
Debt is a necessary component for a thriving economy
The problem is the private sector have developed
an enormous adverse reaction to debt.
This sudden and deep aversion to borrowing is the cause
of the economic collapse

This is what caused a recession and that is why the nation
cannot recover from that economic downturn

The problem is
There are just way too many people and small businesses
who refuse to borrow. And since they are also paying back loans and
trying to save whatever they can that is a huge drain on the economy.
here is a brief explanation of this phenomenon

http://www.beezernotes.com/wordpress/?p=4202

But its really worse than that
this current push in the private sector to save
is putting a lot of liquidity in the hands of bankers who are
simply stealing it.

the bankers do this because they know its all going to fall apart
again and this time they are not going to be caught
with their pants down around their ankles like in 2008
This time they are going to have their **** together and
have cashed in their chips before it all crashes down

I use my credit cards regularly, but I pay them off every month
and carry NO balance. Even though a disabled VA pension WITH SSDI
is still well-below-poverty-level income.
I use a credit Union, not a bank.
I don't own stocks or play the market (what a ludicrous thought!)

It's called "living within your means".

So everything is hunky-donky and your French revolution
diatribe was just some silly blather?

If the government money quit coming in I'd move aboard the boat
and STILL live within my means.

So who are you calling numskull?

You. but It is not the skull - its what's inside that's numb

As for government debt, please take note that this is NOT the same
situation we have ever been in before.

Bull ****. The US Government had twice as much debt
compared to national income just 60 years ago and
when debt reached that level there was zero negative impact.

There is a long long way to go before
it is the same situation that we have been in before.
We can run a deficit at the current level for another 20
years before we reach the same level of debt to national income
we were at the end of WW2

You are looking at a non-existent problem and
ignoring the real problems

You said that the people didn't want banks regulated?
Balderdash!
It's the BANKS who don't want banks regulated.
Sure, stupid people do stupid things when they get the chance.
But it wasn't "the people" who bribed congress to change those laws.
It's the banks who are worming out from under the new regulations too.

There are pretty much no new bank regulations.
And it never was even a matter of lack of regulations anyway
the regulations against fraud exist but the government
is constrained from interfering in the private markets

And that is policy promoted and approved by voters.

But all that (banking and politics) is handled WAY above my pay grade.
I have one vote to cast, and no psych reports to base my decision on.

How is that a valid excuse for pointing at a nonexistent problem (like
an acorn hitting your head) and jumping up and down shouting
"The sky is falling. The sky is falling"

-jim

Richard