Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
steamer steamer is offline

Default Six jaw chuck

Pete C. wrote:
It appears that that chuck was crashed, based on the gouges in the jaws.
Before I spent much time figuring if I could used it, I'd check that it
was still useable.

--What he said. But if you can find a manufacturer and get
replacement jaws it's a keeper. Still and all if you've got a need you might
want to consider finding instead a Buck Adjust-tru chuck. I've got a 6-jaw
one of these on my Myford and it works a treat. Having the ability to shift
the center of rotation is a huge advantage..

--
"Steamboat Ed" Haas : Steel, Stainless, Titanium:
Hacking the Trailing Edge! : Guaranteed Uncertified Welding!