Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
F. George McDuffee F. George McDuffee is offline

Default The Causes of the French Revolution - (condensed)

On Mon, 01 Aug 2011 01:52:39 -0500, CaveLamb
wrote:
snip
I don't know if this is a cause or effect (or neither), but
the current US congress is one of the oldest since records
have been kept. This would seem to be an argument for both
term limits and mandatory annual physical/mental
examinations of members over the age of 65.

I'd like to see the psych report BEFORE the election.
But like so many other good ideas, I doubt that congress
will ever vote for it...

Is there really no mechanism for a national referendum?

Indeed! Perhaps we could weed out the Wus and Wieners before
they get [re]elected, but in any event we don't need senile
Congressmen, or those that must vote from stretchers.
Before the flames start, both parties have excessive numbers
of moon bats, dirty old men, and dotards in leadership
positions and political office to be ever again be entrusted
to do the "right thing" and lead the country. But then
again Congress is supposed to be [and is] a representative
body...