Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
F. George McDuffee F. George McDuffee is offline

Default The Causes of the French Revolution - (condensed)

On Sun, 31 Jul 2011 18:18:27 -0500, CaveLamb
wrote:

F. George McDuffee wrote:
On Sun, 31 Jul 2011 11:16:49 -0500, CaveLamb
wrote:

The Causes of the French Revolution were those significant historical factors
that led to the revolution of 1789 in France.

snip lots of good stuff

Your data appears to be correct and logically leads to the
most unfortunate conclusions for the average American
citizen and creditor.

I would however suggest a parallel explication (with the
same outcomes), namely nations, like people, political
parties, and corporations have finite life spans. What
appears to be unusual is the speed with which the
end-of-life developments, equivalent to senescence,
obsessions, paranoia, and Alzheimer's in an elderly
individual, have occurred.

Very much what I thought as well.
Although you made a better analogy of it.

In the good news category, my VA pension just showed up in my
checking account today. Well, it's good news for me anyway.

Thanks for the positive feedback.

I don't know if this is a cause or effect (or neither), but
the current US congress is one of the oldest since records
have been kept. This would seem to be an argument for both
term limits and mandatory annual physical/mental
examinations of members over the age of 65.