Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
PrecisionmachinisT PrecisionmachinisT is offline

Default What bearings to use in Bridgeport spindles

On 2011-07-31, PrecisionmachinisT wrote:

"Ignoramus5931" wrote in message
Ccould someone remind me what bearings (dimensions) go into lower part
of a Bridgeport spindle?

Pretty sure on the r8 spindle it is 2MM207* in Fafnir

Got it. Thanks. I have two pairs of 2MM9107WI, and wonder where they
go, I thought Bridgeport.

Too small at 35X62X28--I would guess they were probably being stocked for a
grinding wheel head of some sort and not for something with a through-hole.

They would also be about the right size for a low-load high-speed ball screw
thrust bearing depending on actual contact angle.

Here's a nice bearing manual in .pdf

http://www.kalamaprecision.com/bearingmanual/

This is awesome. Thanks

You're perfectly welcome.