Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Can I have a key made for a Gerstner toolbox?

You can take your picture with the box and communicate
with the box maker yourself - there is a club there and
they have seconds and discounts for owners and members.

Show the box and label - and there is a number under a drawer
that identifies.

I almost joined myself - have a nice box Dad and I bought on
a trip to the hardware store - 1952. Sales receipt for the lathe
and stuff - found the salesman retired and such. Hardware store
closed down. That was a fun search and computer trip.

I have a black silk over oak. It was a War Box design.

Martin

On 7/31/2011 8:36 PM, Ignoramus5931 wrote:
Yesterday, I brought home a Gerstner toolbox, that was the one under
the pipe vise on the picture.

http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/Gerstner-Toolbox.jpg

It seems to be completely fine, however, it is missing a key. I would
like to know if I can have one made at Ace Hardware or a local
locksmith, or what my choices are.

thanks