Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Doug Miller[_2_] Doug Miller[_2_] is offline

Default Naphtha, bad news, good news

In article , Winston wrote:
Doug Miller wrote:

(...)

Southern California air quality regulations have no effect on what retailers
are allowed to sell in Indianapolis.

Not instantly. Eventually, probably.

Highly unlikely. You folks on the coasts, especially on the Left Coast, often
fail to realize that your local experiences and conditions are *not* typical
of America as a whole. Things are very different in the Midwest.

Three factors combine to produce SoCal's air quality regulations; all of them
are absent in Indianapolis:

1. California is a nanny state; Indiana is not, and is unlikely to become one
any time soon.

2. SoCal has an extremely high population density; Indiana does not. Los
Angeles County alone has nearly 50% more people than the entire state of
Indiana, and more than ten times as many as Marion County (Indianapolis), the
most populous county in Indiana. We simply don't have anywhere near as many
people to generate pollution as you have, and it's going to be centuries, at
least, before we do.

3.SoCal also has a mountain range immediately east of its major population
centers, which impedes the dispersal by wind of the pollutants generated by
the tens of millions of people living there. We don't have that problem.