Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Winston Winston is offline

Default Naphtha, bad news, good news

Paul Drahn wrote:

(...)

My memory may be wrong, but, I think the naptha or Coleman fuel is one
of the solvents used in meth labs. That is why it is hard to find. Then,
all new Coleman devices use propane rather than the naptha fuel.

Ah! That explains why both retailers asked for
an explanation for my naphtha purchase.

I heard a similar rumor about highway flares, too.
I can't purchase those now.
My normal retailer gave me a 'song and dance' about
CARB that had outlawed flares. Two days later, I
saw an entire lane 'decorated' with them by the
Highway Patrol. Somebody is being less than perfectly
truthful here, I conjecture.

--Winston-- By that Wednesday, only outlaws could get
sourdough bread.