Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Winston Winston is offline

Default Naphtha, bad news, good news

Lloyd E. Sponenburgh wrote:
Winston imagined:

The stuff is no longer available in local hardware stores
or paint stores labeled 'naphtha' (as a paint dryer) so here is
your word to the wise. Stock up or be left out, bruddah.

I don't know where you live, but it must be the People's Republic of
Kalifornicate.

Silicon Gulch!
Can you get more 'California' than that?

VM&P naphtha is available all over, in Ace, Home Depot, Lowes,
Mennards... even many Wal-Marts.

That was true here a few months ago, too.
It was cheap and plentiful.
I dunno what happened, but when I ask, all I get is
the deer-in-headlights look. 'Twilight Zone' responses.

I'm not speculating, I buy it about monthly -- for business.

About $12 a gallon, right?

--Winston -- But we don't *have* weather.