Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Dishwasher heating problem?

In article ,
Greg writes:
My Hygena dishwasher seems to be getting hot at the wrong time.... Whatever setting I put it on (pots, normal, economy), the water seems cold until it gets to the rinse phase when it gets hot. I'm presuming this is not normal but wondered what the problem could be.

Final rinse is normally hot, in order to dry the things in it afterwards.

If it's not heating during the main wash on a programme where it should do,
that would imply a fault with the programmer/timer most likely, given that
the heater itself seems to work OK.

Are you sure you aren't simply catching it during pre-wash and early
rinses, where cold water is used?

--
Andrew Gabriel