Jon Endres, PE

Default How to infuriate your wife: Lesson 1

"John Grossbohlin" wrote in message

If it is then so is this: My wife tells me to go buy tools even if I
haven't expressed a personal interest in buying them... She must have
mentioned that I need
a lathe about ten times in the past month and I only upgraded to the Jet
cabinet saw in early January!

Tell 'er you need the big Oneway. I can't believe how many guys in the club
have one.

I think this latest push is because when I come home from the woodworking
club meetings I tell her about the latest wonders that
guys in the club showed that night. To give you an idea of the caliber of
the work one of the guys had a segmented turning in FWW last year and will
be on HGTV this spring (I think it will be on Modern Masters???). Last

night
a guy in his late 80s gave a guest presentation of some of the most

amazing
work any of us had ever seen. He has won awards for his clocks, e.g.,

"most
complicated movement" and has some on display in museums. He also made
myriad other very complicated and extremely well executed items that
involved turnings.

Ain't it great? Our (collective) club has to be some of the most talented
woodworkers in the country. I can't wait 'til Showcase.

Jon E